Tuesday, December 10

In the Bag

 I've been doing a little sewing lately and if feels good!
This bag is from the Metro Slouch pattern by Lila Teuller.  I really liked how structured it is and I liked the size when I saw a sample in a local fabric shop. 
I think it turned out pretty good, even if I couldn't find all of the hardware the pattern called for.  
 There are some fabrics in my stash that I have a hard time using because I love them so much.  I almost always think my fabric looks better folded neatly on a shelf than in one of my finished projects.
This red print is one of those fabrics.  
It's out of print, so if I messed up or didn't like the end result, my lovely American Jane cotton would be gone.  As you can see, I could not commit enough of it to do the pockets AND the lining.

 And I whipped up this Taxi Tote bag by Anna Maria Horner for Henry's teacher's Christmas present.  She loves owls and has her whole room done in them.  I also know she likes chevron stripes because I stalked her on Pinterest.  
I feel like that's a little creepy, but I'm putting it out there anyway.

No comments: